RAWiki:Contributors: to do items
This is a set of "to do" lists, "to do" suggestions and comments intended for the internal use of RAWiki contributors. Feel free to use the special pages to identify areas in need of attention. For example Special:WantedPages
- User's Guide for information on using the mediawiki platform
- RAWiki:Contributors for the overview on contributing to the wiki.
- RAWiki:possible contributors to identify possible outside contributors to RAWik and match them with articles that they could write.
List of needed articles
Suggested articles can be placed here if there is no time to simply create them. In addition to listing the article here, if possible, place a red link to the suggested article somewhere in the wiki or identify another suggested article in which that link can be placed to avoid creating orphaned articles
- Joel Salatin
- Soil fertility
- Economies of scale
- Economies of scope
- Conventional farming
To do lists for specific contributors
Add suggestions here for articles that a person might be able to write.
- If someone leaves you a suggestion and you don't feel that you are able to write the article they suggested, feel free to remove it from your to do and, if you like, suggest someone else to write it.
- If an article you want to write appears on someone else's list - write it anyway! they can always go in and make it better. *This can also be discussed in the the talk page for this page.
- Andre's todo: Everything
- Identify possible outside contributors to RAWiki, add them to the list of RAWiki:possible contributors, match them with articles that they could write and contact them to ask for their participation
- Get others to help with the above.
- cow-calf operation
- cattle - terminology and species information page similar to swine
- Cattle breeds overview of important cattle breeds (both to industry and agroecology) breakout individual pages for most important breeds
- cattle breeding talk about breeding goals and methods of the conventional industry and of more traditional or agroecological breeders
- Important grazing species - identify the 25 most important species of perennial plant to grazing systems globally - categorize them by biome (e.g. Miombo forest, oak savannah, north american great plains etc.); create a template for presenting information relevant to herdsman on each pant species - create stub articles about each species using information from wikipedia and grazing science handbooks.
- Important crop species - identify the 25 most important food crops globally - create a template for presenting information relevant to farmers on each pant species - create stub articles about each species using information from wikipedia and other sources.
- Important pest species - identify the 25 most important pest species globally - create a template for presenting information relevant to farmers and herdsmen on each pant species - create stub articles about each species using information from wikipedia and other sources.
- Holistic grazing - write on the Savory Institute and Alan Savory, link to his TED talk and his books.
- Incubation - summary of available science and best practices for hatching eggs on small and medium scales - what effect does temperature and humidity have on success rate? How tightly do these conditions need to be held? - advantages and disadvantages to allowing a hen to hatch her own eggs,
- Permaculture guilds - review permaculture material and scientific material to try to tease apart “hype” from potentially useful interactions between species in Permaculture “guilds”. Devise a way to rate the effectiveness of a guild - collect anecdotes and testimonials from the web and other sources about people using guilds to good effect.